This is a quick, fresh and nutritious lunch or side dish.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Serves 2 for lunch or 4-6 as a side dish
- 400g tin of chickpeas drained and rinsed
- ½ a red onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 150g cucumber, diced
- ½ a yellow capsicum, diced
- Hand full of cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 2 handfulls of baby rocket leaves
- Small bunch of parsley, chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and serve. It can be stored in the fridge overnight in an airtight container.