Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
These little delights are dairy free, refined sugar free and gluten free but oh so tasty! My recipe inspiration came from the Forty Thieves website. They are officially my favourite nut butter company!
Preparation time 40 minutes (including freezing time)
For the chocolate base and topping
- 1 1/2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
For the peanut butter filling
- 4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine all of the base/topping ingredients (I keep my maple syrup in the fridge so when I mixed it into the oil, cinnamon and cacao I found the mixture started to set so I blitzed it in the microwave for 15 seconds to melt it again)
- Pour approximately 2/3 of the mixture into moulds, I used a silicone miniature muffin tray, and carefully place into the freezer for 10 minutes until set
- While the base is setting, combine the filling ingredients
- Once the base has set, remove from the freezer, top with the peanut butter filling and smooth the top then return to the freezer for another 10 minutes
- Once this has set, top with the remainder of the chocolate mixture and return to the freezer until you are ready to eat them.
Store in the freezer and serve cold.